Friday, December 2, 2011

Academy for Psychic Studies. Bad Judgment - Bad Advice

I don't know about you, but I can sure use a cold beer right now.

UPDATE: check out the new comment!


Here is an excerpt from a post Joy made on her blog.

In it, she describes an event in her teen years where she encountered the enlightened knowledge of the Spiritual Rights Foundation. At the time, her brother hauled her into the unheated basement of their home (in the middle of winter) and made a botched effort at putting Joy into a psychic trance state. As a result of the trance induction, Joy suffered hypothermia and disorientation (probably from the hypothermia).

Joy's brother had been attending SRF's Academy for Psychic Studies on the DL for some number of months. Clearly, he received at least the inspiration to attempt such a stupid act from his classes at the Academy for Psychic Studies (but to be fair, I find it hard to believe anyone would have told him to practice putting his sister in a trance state and I am sure no one instructed him how to do it). As the brother was also a teen, you wouldn't expect good judgment from him. At least not the kind of good judgment that would lead him to present Joy to the ER at the local hospital (which isn't all that far away) or ask his parents to help.

Nope. As his attendance at the Academy for Psychic Studies was a secret AND was potentially illegal (there was no parental consent - he made a sloppy forgery of his dad's signature and SRF never bothered to call or write the parents to confirm, making you wonder how responsibly SRF behaves with minors - does in loco parentis have a meaning to SRF?) the brother never did anything sensible - he'd get busted hard for doing the right thing. Instead, he called people he thought he could trust. He called the Academy for Psychic Studies headquarters.

After some of the usual fumbling and bumbling around that the Academy for Psychic Studies is known for, a "senior" minister finally took the call - someone unfamiliar with Joy or her brother. That minister listened to the brother's frantic description of events and made an enlightened pronouncement: the brother's guru was in Joy's space and she must be immediately presented to Academy for Psychic Studies headquarters for a psychic healing and even more trance sessions.

The heavenly advice given by the SRF ministers not only ignored a very serious physical condition (hypothermia)and a potentially serious mental or emotional state (disorientation likely caused by the fouled-up induction of a trance), they overlooked the obvious - she was only 15 years old for Chrissake, and her brother only a year older! The Academy's involvement in mental or emotional treatment of a minor without parental consent was stupid, unethical and for the most part illegal (per informed consent laws).

Despite all the nutty SRF behavior, that was the watershed moment for Joy. As directed, her brother brought Joy into an SRF "healing clinic" where her still-disoriented state was washed over and the naivety of youth used to their advantage to lure Joy into a new life as yet another brain-dead follower of the spiritual cesspool that is the Spiritual Rights Foundation.

I think it's a great example of how the blessed and wise ministers at the Spiritual Rights Foundation were so concerned about the well being of an adolescent girl that they ignored the description of physical symptoms (feeling cold, shivering, disorientation), ignored where Joy was when she fell ill and immediately assumed that hypothermia was the result of the energy of some unknown guru.

It's also a tremendous testament that only the wise ministers of SRF were capable of conducting any treatment of Joy's condition. If the damn guru was the damn cause why not just look in the damn mirror and tell the prick "you aren't the boss of ME, asshole!". The SRF founder told us to do just that and it worked - except when we tried to evict HIM from our bodies. Better yet, call the sumbitch and tell him to get his ass out of your sister's head or else.

But no. The marching orders for the ministers of the Spiritual Rights Foundation was to obtain new members though the Academy for Psychic Studies. We were all admonished to do that. In fact, we were told by the head psychotic himself that to be of value to his cult, we had to bring people into the teaching. Lots of people. That's what he told me - often. Unfortunately, I listened. So did many of his followers.

Actually the psychotic ranted, raved, screamed and hollered that to prove we were sufficiently spiritual for his dysfunctional organization and psychotic self, we had to replace ourselves with more capable fresh recruits or he'd replace each of us with ten new people himself. It was at the Academy for Psychic Studies that I learned just how powerfully fear could be used as a motivator.

The deluded and confused minions of the Academy for Psychic Studies still follow the orders of their leaders to this day. The Academy in San Jose's Willow Glen district is still open for business and still has a person or two show up for a couple of classes here and there.

If you are there, hope that you won't fall ill. I once nearly passed out and was not offered any medical help. Actually, I was close to death from heart failure (which is absolutely true) and was offered energy healings and a chance to lie down for a few minutes so, I guess that's a much help as a guy about to die at the Academy for Psychic Studies deserves. (obviously, I obtained medical treatment anyway. By the time I showed up, my heart was so weak the hospital was surprised I was still alive).

Joy actually DID pass out. She was 16 at the time. Not only did the Academy for Psychic Studies NOT call for medical assistance, they didn't even inform Joy's parents. They did make fun of her for passing out, though. I guess that's what a teenager who passes out at the Academy for Psychic Studies deserves.

So why enter the Academy for Psychic Studies?

For enlightenment? Healing? The chance to save the world by saving yourself?

Sure. Just don't get sick. And parents, if your teenagers are getting a little new age-y or are interested in spiritual-psychic things, you might want to get very nosy indeed, but only if you love your teens and want to keep them away from places that steal them away.

Otherwise, I would heartily recommend you let your teens attend the Academy for Psychic Studies for the purpose of losing their soul, your money, their closest relationships (like their parents for starters) and their rational minds. They're in good hands. The Academy is great at healing - especially if your teen passes out or develops a serious illness. They won't get in your space if your teen is ill or injured - they won't bother you with a phone call or personal visit at all! Aren't they great at giving you space?

I can think of no other organization so effective in the destruction of the things most precious to families and parents - their family bond. Many of us are still healing those wounds.

It all starts with an energy healing. It's free for the first one. You pay for the rest. The problem is, the price you pay won't be measured in dollars - it will be your soul.



======================================


Spiritual Rights Foundation, ISHI Hypnosis. Poor Judgment?
by Joy Butler


The best story is your own story.

How did I get sucked in to the cult the Spiritual Rights Foundation and its affiliate school the Academy for Psychic Studies located in San Jose, CA?

Bear with me this is a long story of my experience but a goody.

In previous posts I described my first encounter with the Ministers of the Spiritual Rights Foundation when my sister took my brother and I to a Psychic Jamboree for my 15th Birthday offered at their parish which, at the time was in Santa Clara, CA. She knew I was into palmistry and numerology and thought I would get a kick out of getting a psychic reading. It was just fun to me and I enjoyed my 15 minute past life reading.

After we got our reading the Minister in charge kept us there for another twenty minutes trying to convince us that their classes and techniques can change our lives. Never mind that all of us except for my sister Becky were underage at the time. Being raised to be polite we listened. I wasn’t really listening, I was just thinking about my Birthday dinner and presents I had to get to.

We finally were able to get out of there. I had no intention of ever coming back, neither did my sister. About 4 or 5 months later I found out that my brother was taking classes at the Academy for Psychic Studies. I may get back to some good stories from that time frame but back to the story I wanted to tell.

So my brother became increasingly interested in the occult because of his classes taken at the Academy for Psychic Studies, vigorously reading book of various philosophies and getting a Guru. Through the Academy for Psychic Studies he learned about hypnosis and also became interested in that.

He got a book from the Library that was about hypnosis and wanted to try it out. I am not sure if he tried it on himself first but he asked me if I wanted to try hypnosis. I agreed and so we went down to the basement so our parents could not see because they would not approve. He had me lie down on the concrete with a few blankets between me and the cold floor. It was the middle of winter in 1995 and very cold. I asked for a blanket and then settled down.

I did not know anything about hypnosis except that people used pendulums in the movies and people were made to do silly things.

My brother picked out an exercise in the book to help me regress to past lives which he was interested in. So he began talking in a soft relaxing voice, in a tone I later recognized from the teachers of the ISHI Hypnosis program.

He led me through a progressive relaxation exercise for about 10 or 15 minutes, where I walked down a path into the woods. Then I was told to walk down a set of stairs, down, down, down, counting the numbers down. Soon I was very relaxed, my body felt completely still and heavy. I believe even then with my brother trancing me I was in a very deep state of trance (altered consciousness).

He then led me through an exercise to regress to a past life. He told me things like, you are now going back in time, you are now going to see a different place, a different time and different me! Well I followed those directions and since I have always been a very visual person it was easy for my imagination to come alive or who knows maybe I did regress.

I saw myself as a young very thin Filipino man with one of those straw hats they were when working in the fields to keep the sun off. Yes I was in the Philippines and in the middle of some sort of civil war. There was a lot going on around me and I saw many wounded men just like in that movie I saw about the Vietnam War. Can’t think of the name right now but I don’t know maybe I was just replaying a scene from the movie in my head? Who knows.

So during this altered state of consciousness I began to get really cold, I mean really cold but I was not aware of my body very much other then I was shaking at first. This lasted for about 10 minutes or more. I began talking with clattering teeth. Either my brother woke me up out of the trance or I just came out, either way I was terribly frightened. I could not stop shaking and I was freezing cold and my teeth would not stop rattling and I felt stiff. I was having a hard time talking as I began slurring my words.

Both my brother and I were freaking out, I would not get warm enough. My brother helped me upstairs because I was having a hard time walking, ever so quietly because we did not want to wake our parents up. I was shaking all over for hours it seemed like, my brother trying to figure out what happened, apologizing and trying to figure out what to do. I finally left him and went to my bed to try to warm up. This was an hour into it or so and I actually had a fear I would never stop shaking and would die. Of course this is an adolescent thinking, well two. And being an adolescent, who had temporarily lost partial control of her body, I was frightened out of my mind.

I finally decided to move my legs about like riding a bike. Have no idea why I did that but it seemed to work. I also used some visualization exercises that my brother taught me that he had learned from the Academy for Psychic Studies which was to visualize a warm golden white light like a sun. Finally I was back to a regular temperature, in my blankets on my bed, exhausted. It was about 3 a.m. My brother was relieved I was OK but freaked out feeling like he had drastically compromised me in some way. He pledged to me that he would call first thing in the morning at the Academy for Psychic Studies and ask them what to do.

Now, calling the hospital or telling my parents was an option we discussed but of course decided not to do because we thought we would get in trouble.

My brother waited for me to wake up before he called the Academy for Psychic Studies. The telephone automatically transferred the call to the Spiritual Rights Foundation since it was Sunday mourning. My brother talked to one of the ministers, started explaining the situation and then that minister went to get a higher level minister to talk with us. So what was the diagnosis?

Get this: Of course they told my brother should not be trancing me, they should since they are trained at it. This minister gave us a psychic reading on the phone of what happened. Apparently the first problem is that we did the hypnosis near were my brother meditated. His Guru’s energy was there. Are you following me? So this minister said when we trance or meditate we open ourselves up to energy, and we need to trance or meditate in a controlled environment like the Academy for Psychic Studies, or school for ISHI Hypnosis. Therefore I was in a very receptive and vulnerable state in an ungrounded environments were a Guru would visit and poses my brothers body, SO THE GURU TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRY TO POSSES MY BODY and I was in great danger!!!

Talk about feeding the fear of two very frightened and naive teenagers.

Wow what a diagnosis, oh I mean READING on the situation by a master psychic of the Spiritual Rights foundations. In the manner that I came to know and adopt as a general policy of the Spiritual Rights Foundation, they did not ask many questions and did not analyze the situation since analyzing is deemed a negative thing in most cases except to do a job. They just read the energy which only takes a few seconds to come up with an outrageous (sorry I mean spiritually enlightened) explanation based on the philosophies of their dear founder Rev. Bill Duby, who is supposed to be as taught and believed by most if not all of the current ministers of the Spiritual Rights Foundations and her schools, next to Jesus Christ with privileged knowledge of this world and the spiritual planes.

They did not even take into account that it was in the middle of winter and perhaps these possibilities that I have come up with in retrospection as any rational and professional if not just grown up would figure into the cause of my shaking and chattering:

I believe I was experiencing Hypothermia. Here is some information I just pulled off of the Free Health Encyclopedia, http://www.faqs.org/health/Sick-V2/Hypothermia.html


  • Hypothermia (pronounced hi-po-ther-mee-ah) occurs when the body temperature falls below 95°F (35°C). The condition is often fatal.
  • Hypothermia also occurs in more moderate climates during cold weather.
  • The signs and symptoms of hypothermia follow a typical course. Though the body temperature at which they occur vary from person to person depending on age, health, and other factors.
  • Some of the first signs of hypothermia may be lack of coordination, cold and pale skin, and intense shivering. As body temperature begins to fall, speech becomes slurred, muscles go rigid, vision problems develop, and the patient becomes disoriented. At body temperatures below 90°F (32°C), heart rate, respiratory (breathing) rate, and blood pressure fall. Eventually the patient loses consciousness and may appear to be dead. At even very low temperatures, however, a person may survive for several hours. They can sometimes be successfully revived.

Looking back on it and having gone through the ISHI Hypnosis Certification Course I also wonder why it did not occur to this person that my body temperature had lowered because that is what happens with some clients when they go into a hypnotic trance. At least that is what I was told by the director of ISHI Hypnosis when I took the course from her several years later.

So either this minister was not properly trained at the school or the Spiritual Hypnosis side of the teaching blinded the minister to coming to any rational conclusion.

Ministers Instructions: Come into the school right away, get a healing, or two or three, get guru cleaned out of your space, take classes, learn how to ground because I am so psychic and so sensitive I need to learn how to protect myself from this happening again.

So the love bombing began, representatives from this organizations made out the fact I got to cold out to be I am being possessed by a powerful spirit and I needed their help right away. I was in fear for my life, I was only 15 years old. And in subsequent weeks of going to the school they soon had me believing me I had to have “this” teaching or I would not be safe in the world.

So yes, I strongly question the judgment of the people (ministers-now they try to hid their title of Rev. to appeal to the public so they can get more business, never mind their devotion to their convocation) of the Spiritual Rights Foundation Cult and its subsequent schools; the Academy for Psychic Studies and ISHI Hypnosis.


Posted by Joy Butler at 1:22 AM

4 comments:

  1. Hypothermia! In the Bay Area!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that comment speaks for itself.

    This commenter Googled "Spiritual Rights Foundation Address" and stumbled on this blog. Now that she is upset about reading it, she's claiming people in one of our 45 degree winter nights, trapped in a cold, damp basement can't get hypothermic.

    I would have guessed that she was from out of the area, but her IP Geolocation ping is from the Oakland/Berkeley area. How this person could think it doesn't get so cold, your body temp would droop if you don't take precautions boggles the mind. But if she is an SRF troll, as I suspect, I guess that wouldn't be a surprise at all. Reality and scientific fact have no place in the thinking of the average SRF-ie.

    Well, I guess we can all put on our shorts and flip-flops next time we go out on a Winter's night - this commenter says there's no danger of freezing our ass!

    Let's see if this commentator comes back and makes a real comment. I doubt it. However if she does, I will have a Krispy Kreme in her honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can get really cold at vinter in bay area too, down to 10 degrees celcious. Lying on a flour for half an hour in a cold basement shoud do it. Of course the body heat goes away if you dont move around. A person needs to have at least 18 degrees in the room they live, for it to be ok.
    In my apartment in Sweden its so cold my body temperature goes down to 34 degrees Celcious, and still we have indoor heating, but its not enough, but Im used to it. My apartment is at the bottom floor and the heating doesnt work so well then, In vinter I have to wear shoes inside and warm clothes. In californina they dont have lambswoll sweaters and lambswollthights under their pains in wintertime, right.
    I remember that I also went to healing clinc for shivering, but I dont remember being cold, I think I had a milder form of malaria, wich I have been told later I might have catched in California, or I got it from a blood transfusion, since I had to have surgery both before I went to California and also when I came home from California. The healing didnt work so well as you migth understand and on top of that Swedish hospitals are not the greatest on the world, even if most swedes like to think so.
    Coming in to the healing clinic shivering was a big fiesta for the ministers at the academy, of course I was possesed and they did a lot of healing work on me. I was in fear, because my body didnt functon that well, I was about to pass out and culdnt get home by myself. I remeber that Rev Angela gave me some great earth vitamins and I got to sleep in one of their mobile home cars ourside of the clinic. In the morning I got more healing and had a talk with reverend Angela. They did also scare me that a being was trying to take over my body. And that I had to kill the being, How the hell do you kill a being? Reverend Angela sayd that in trance she had seen a big snake around my neck, I just dont know what to say, these people are grown ups, what a mess.
    Shortly after this I went back home to Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej Janehellen!

    Now if someone from Sweden (who experiences a lot more cold then we will ever see here) knows our winter nights are so cold you could get hypothermia, why can't someone who lives here figure that out?

    It's one of the things that make talking reason and truth to cult-addled brains like that first commenter totally impossible - when faced with facts and pure reason, they just turn their nose and make a stupid comment.

    You can't talk to these cult people. I made a promise to myself to not try to engage SRF members unless they are out or appear to be at least one foot out the door (and only if they reach out and want to talk to me).

    It's happened before. People have engaged me and Joy while questioning their membership with SRF. But the people left are so deluded and so entwined with the cult, I would only cause more trouble for me and them if I tried to talk them into leaving.

    Not that I am not tempted. I am. Frequently. I even made a post appealing to the faithful few to stand up, walk out and start their new life of freedom. Doubtful anyone would read it or become inspired to leave, though. Hope springs eternal though.

    Anyway, it's amazing how much of our minds turn to mush when we are in the cult and equally amazing how much of it comes back when we leave. Janehellen is a great example of and ex-member resuming her life after the cult. She closed her eyes and leaped into the free world and never looked back and had no regrets leaving the cult.

    I hope those who remain at the cult will do likewise. And when they do, the coffee pot is on and the donuts are fresh.

    I'll look forward to seeing those current members emerge as ex-members. I will do all I can to help them with that transition.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated and will post immediately.

Despite assertions to the contrary, members and staff of the Spiritual Rights Foundation are NOT and have NEVER been "blocked".

Please, no promotion of products or services unless you have obtained permission from the blog author. Please ask first. You may find the answer is "yes".

If you are a member of the Spiritual Rights Foundation (SRF) staff, are affiliated with its associated organizations (i.e.: ISHI, Health & Wealth, The Academy for Psychic Studies, Freedom Estates, Blue Sky Ranch, Sterling Rose Press, or others), a student of an SRF-related organization, a representative or agent of SRF, its directors, staff or students please identify yourself as such when you leave a comment. You may remain anonymous, if you prefer.

Ex-members of the Spiritual Rights Foundation are encouraged to comment. You may remain anonymous and do not need to identify yourself as an ex-member (it will probably be obvious anyway).

This is an open and public forum. Please understand that persons with an opposing point of view may respond with a comment critical of yours. You may provide a rebuttal if you choose but keep your comment on-message. If you leave a comment that only insults or embarrasses a reader, your comment will be posted prominently so everyone can see you are a tool.


PLEASE BE ADVISED: IP addresses of all readers of this blog are recorded. IP addresses of any overly aggressive, threatening or otherwise stupid comment will be displayed in a posting to safeguard against terroristic or other threatening action by the commenter.

The blog author has cooperated with law enforcement investigations in the past and will continue to do so in the future.