Friday, March 30, 2012

Rev. William Duby's FUN-eral Letter



I've started a new diet called the "drink as much beer as you want" diet.  Hey, don't knock it.  I've lost 10 pounds!  Unfortunately, that involved me dropping the case of beer I was carrying.




==========================

This guest post come from the original wearer of the King of Evil crown.  He is the O.G., the shiznit (and you should take of whiff of THAT), of the Spiritual Rights Foundation dissidents.  In his quest to save his daughter from a sad fate in an evil organization, he broke open the floodgates holding back decades of exploitation, deceit, perversion and abuse hidden behind the wrought iron gates of the Cult named the Spiritual Rights Foundation and the Academy for Psychic Studies.

It was front page news in the San Francisco Chronicle.  I read it in print form.  Unfortunately for the leader of the Spiritual Rights Foundation, Bill Duby, this groundbreaking expose was read to him over the phone while on vacation in his motor home.  I understand he was driving at the time.  Now that's perfect timing, isn't it?

About a year later, when Bill dropped dead face-first on the floor, our intrepid King of Evil closed the book on Bill with this rather profound and frank letter to the not-so-dearly departed.

=================================

When Bill died, a bunch of ex-SRF'ers got together to have a memorial ceremony/celebration at my apartment. There were about a dozen of us. We started with a bit of drumming to set the mood, followed by Mike's poem. We went around the room and everyone spoke one at a time. Some had written notes, some spoke off the top of their heads and from the heart. It was a very intense evening. Steve writes about it in his book, and that part of the book was posted on Mike's blog recently. Steve got the basic mood of the evening with the poem and his part about what I said that night. What he wrote about my speech is more of a compilation of many conversations that Steve and I had over time. What I actually said is printed below. I wrote it down at the time of the memorial, and I am reprinting it here for Mike's blog. A lot has changes since that night. The ex-SRF fraternity has grown quite a bit. Much will be familiar to ex-SRF'ers that read it.

Enjoy...


Dear Bill,

When I first met you in 1983, I thought you were incredible. I thought you were the answer to my prayers. I thought God brought you to me to be my teacher, to show me how to develop my intuitive skills to help myself and others. I, like others at SRF were very interested in helping others and healing others. A nice group of people came together at SRF to form a community for the purposes of healing and love.

During the first couple of years at SRF, things seemed so nice, so much fun. We were going on field trips, doing psychic readings, taking classes. Things seemed to be so cool.

But in reality, they were not. There were already lies going on at SRF behind the backs of students like me. The foundation of lies, pain, and fear was being laid even in those times that seemed so much fun.

Soon I started personally experiencing the pain that you doled out so generously. You put a wedge between Barb and I, and we separated. You put a wedge between my family and I, and we became estranged. You put a wedge between me and my chosen profession, berating and belittling the education process. Over time you put a wedge between me and pretty much the entire outside world. The SRF environment began to promote suspicion of outsiders. Where I used to love freely, I soon began to mistrust friends and strangers. Hugs and outward affection were seen as invasions of my space. You also taught me and my friends to feel spiritually superior and that we were part of an elite group. This united us as a group, but it was an “us versus them” mentality that was actually hate disguised as love. Love became a four letter word as you so often said.

Eventually we became used to turning on one another in the name of healing foreign energies that had us out of our center. There was always someone to blame and you led the show. There was always a boogie man. There were always fleas to pick off of us. You taught us that embodied and disembodied entities were constantly out to bring us down and take our energy and put us to sleep spiritually. No one was to be trusted. If they breathe, don’t trust them you often said. No one was really trying to help us, you said that everyone was trying to help themselves to us.

It was a painful process mentally and psychologically. You insisted that this was necessary in order for us to grow. Spiritual boot camp, no pain no gain, the personality hates change, and all that. These were all catch phrases you used to help us get through the pain you inflicted upon us and forced us to inflict upon our friends.

Even through all of this, you still had our loyalty as ministers, our attention as students, and our time, energy, and money as a congregation. We still believed in you. It is really quite amazing actually. You would berate us for hours, days, and weeks in the name of healing to remove foreign energies. We believed you. You were very good at getting us to believe you. After years and years of this it became a habit like a dog that gets used to being beaten by its owner. Yet even with all of the healings and readings, none of us seemed to be getting any better according to you. In fact you told us that we were getting worse instead of better. We still stuck with you.

Along the way you toyed with our marriages and relationships. You tore apart our families. You caused suicides, divorces, and mental breakdowns. You took our money. You worked us to exhaustion. You used to say that you would pick up the energy that others left behind like gold nuggets. You used to say that some people came to SRF to drop off God, and you would be there like a vacuum cleaner to collect up that light that others left behind. What a sick concept. So void of compassion, love, and caring.

That is all your world Bill. It is your perceptions and your realities. It is your pain, and you created an environment through devious means to perpetuate your twisted views on life. Take it with you. I don’t want it. Take it to God and beg him to take it from you if you don’t want it anymore. But leave me out of it.

We stuck with you, constantly wondering what we were doing wrong. Wondering when we would finally get the healing that would clear us of this energy from the world that kept us from our spiritual information.

Many people loved you and your response was always the same – to play a game on them for being so foolish. We couldn’t help it Bill. We were like that before we came to SRF – we cared about others, we wanted to be healers, and we loved. You used to say that we were there to help you get over your pictures. Well, we did what we could but I guess it wasn’t good enough. You perpetuated your lies, deceit, and pain until the day you died. It still lingers even though you are dead.

The spell broke with me when you tried to use your talents to destroy the relationship between me and my daughter. You weren’t satisfied with ruining my marriage. You had to keep it up. Well, the spell broke in my mind. My life began to immediately improve from that day on.

The only true positive that came out of being a member of your organization is my relationship with the people at SRF and the birth of my daughter. You tried your best to take them away from me. You failed. My relationship with Barb is great. My relationship with my family is stronger than it ever has been. I renewed the love that has always been there, even though you persistently tried to tell me it never existed. When I left SRF I learned that there are many decent and loving people in the world. I am in a relationship that is working. This is something that you insisted was impossible as well. My teaching career is better than ever. I am making more money now than I ever did with your twisted version of prosperity consciousness.

Most importantly, my relationship with my daughter continues to be the highlight of my life. She tells me she loves me every day I see her. She has a relationship with both sides of her family. She sees all of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. She goes to a good school. You were unable to poison her mind. I fought diligently to get my daughter away from you, but you persisted in your foolish evil game. The SRF members say that it is the stress of this battle that killed you. If it is true then I am not sorry. I simply stood by my convictions. My conscious is clean. All that remains is to clear my mind and soul of your influences. I found that the best way to do this is to help others do the same. You used to say something to that effect, but trust me, you didn’t teach it to me.

My relationship with SRF members gets better every day. Those that currently remain under your spell will soon wake up. Your influence is still prevalent in them with the hatred that you taught. There is still a dark cloud in Berkeley. It will dissipate. Luckily you were not a very good teacher and no one can truly take your place. As they wake up I will befriend them as well. I will not befriend them to get back at you, but rather, to help them through the healing process of undoing the damage you inflicted on them. I won’t do it because of my battle with you, but because of my friendship with them. Who would know better how to help them than others on whom you have preyed.

That is P R E Y, not P R A Y.

You don’t know what love is. You never did. We loved you and you abused us. That love and light that you spoke of is definitely in each of us. It was always there. You did your damnedest to cover it with a bushel basket, but it is still there. My prayer is that this love will act like a fire to burn away your influences that kept us enslaved for so many years. Many of these people will need help because of you. They, like me, are not better for knowing you. I look forward to helping them.

You are gone. You dropped your body. I am glad. I am here tonight to say goodbye to you. To continue to rid myself of your influence. I am not naive enough to believe that this will happen overnight. That’s OK. The important thing is that the process is moving in a positive direction. I hope that God is a merciful God, and simply removes that evil from you now that you have dropped the body. I also pray that God steadily removes the evil influences that you embedded into me.

Mason

=====================


Mason's letter is one we all have wanted to write to Bill and the Witches of Ellsworth Street.  There was so much turmoil they caused and so much pain, we had to get it off our chests any way we could.

The anger and frustration was so great, we had to express it.  The disruption they caused to our formally-peaceful lives was so profound, we were too occupied with restoring ourselves and our loved ones to pay attention to them.   There was no real way to tell them to go to hell other than after the fact.  This letter is a great way to release the shame and the pain of the impact the Spiritual Rights Foundation had on our lives.

When it comes to maintaining influence over children, the Spiritual Rights Foundation tries hard to maintain control over their thoughts and emotions.  I remember well the time Joy and I traveled to Portland, OR to visit with Steve Sanchez.

Before we left, the Witches of Ellsworth discovered not only our blogs but that we were on our way to visit Steve.  When we arrived Steve looked a little ashen.  I thought it was just the Portland weather.  As he held his drink in a shaky hand, Steve related to us that his daughter delivered a stern and hostile message objecting to our visit in the strongest (and strangest) terms.

The daughter's rant was full of the now well-worn solipsisms, drool and body waste we have heard from the Witches of Ellsworth for years.  It was obvious what happened: the Witches pulled the daughter aside and convinced her to cut loose on her own father for the criminal act of welcoming friends to his home.

I also recall the parent of one other child decided the world was a far better place for her than the iron bars of the SRF compound.  This parent left the cult for good.  As they left, one of the Witches  waylaid the parent saying she could leave only if the child was returned to the foreboding climate of the Spiritual Rights Foundation immediately when summoned.

Why?

This child was the only one left close to the age of the Duby golden child.  And the golden child was getting weary of having play time with two middle-age witches.  So, the witches did as they have always done: they tried to force a member to surrender their child for the golden child's entertainment.

To the parent's credit, compliance with the summoning lasted as long as a rational thought in Angela's melon.

To those who are offended that a "child" of the cult leader is mentioned in this blog, you need to know that it is the conduct of the adults that is in question and that the "child" is now a legal adult.  No more complaints and stupid rants about this blog harming children.

Those who complain don't know what they are talking about.

I know of no other church who attempts to gain control of their adult members (and even their ex-members) by using children and young adults in the most exploitative and abusive manner.  This cult has no sense of morality, no sense of common sense and no sense of anything but continual attacks on those who have not only left the cult but have the courage to speak out and tell their side of the story.

And that story will be told again and again - until this cult is no longer a threat to society.



5 comments:

  1. This spoke to me, at the heart of the matter. We are more of ourselves for leaving SRF, we are more in the body now, than when we were practicing it while there. We have strife in our lives as we all do from time to time, not daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. We are better people because we left the Spiritual Rights Foundation. The only thing we gained were life time friendships, other than that zilch.
    Unfortunately, some of those friendships are like the old iron curtain in Germany. East and West. Indoctrination of Communist life vs. freedom of Western civilization. SRF is East Germany we are West Germany. Those still on the other side of the wall indoctrinated and chained like an elephant to an imaginary post called fear are at SRF still. They are no longer seeking freedom because they were led to believing they would go to hell or worse, they couldn't make it on their own. Some have tried to leave, but didn't have the support and love of those who've left because the Angela Silva's, Robin DuMolin's and Debi Livingston Boushey's of the world tell them so.
    False Evidence Appearing Real right?
    Mason was right, and Mike bears it out, once you leave, you are left dazed, confused, then you get your bearings and sea legs and gain confidence. Then you see the fear in others faces who you see still stuck at SRF and you hold your breathe and wait. Praying there is a catalyst for them leaving. For the elder folks, freedom is no longer something want, much like those in Cuba whose spirit is broken when it comes to seeing what the outside boundaries of the world are like if left on their own.
    I wish everyone who still goes there has whats left of the psychic skills to pray for conviction in leaving the evil clutches of the Ellsworth street witches. That way, their rein of control in the guise of nourishing you with lies of spiritual fulfillment will die with them. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Rev. Bill did not know what love was. He was a fool and a bastard. As I have said earlier, I have meet people that left Ukraine and Russia and from what they told me about old communist times, it seem a lot nicer than SRF actually. These east block friend did not like the communist time in their countries and left as soon as the east block opened up, so they are not commies. I remember that I seriosly asked Rev. Linda Anast if she was a communist. From the whay that people lived at SRF and in her and Michaels new cult I would think it was that way, a secret communist club open in the darknes of night.
    Yes I know that it was healing and beliveing, but the control was to much, and definetely not freedom, freedom is someting else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Mason wrote spoke to me deeply also. I wish I had had a copy of this years ago. It is the most loving, level headed piece of writing I have ever read about the cult, and for former members. What a treat to read - firm, steady, simple and honest. Free of vengefulness and sarcasm, which so often characterizes former members. It models the attitide to recover-by almost perfectly, which is a much needed thing on this blog, becuase it is completely sincere, intelligent, and compassionate.
    Thanks, I will never forget it. Bill is done, and the disturbance of Bill is done. End of story.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. well...thanks everyone for letting us know, I just googled and found all this, I noticed the sign in Willow Glen and it seemed interesting, like maybe what I heard about Berkeley Psychic Institute years ago. I guess not! While reading this it made me think about some material I'm working with, A Course In Miracles - I was reading "Disappearance of the Universe" last night (a book about ACIM) and thought a lot today about what they called "the deep sense of unconscious guilt the ego feels about it's separation from God". It sounds like a reasonable explanation for why you all would have stayed, and gone through the abuse you did at the hands of someone you trusted. How interesting, the trap that is so commonly constructed by these types of people (as you describe Bill and the Wicked Witches - I have had some childhood experience with the personality type) where they draw people in seductively whilst those people still have the power of choice, friends & money (ie, the ability to abandon the cult leader) but switch to abusive tactics to control as soon as their victims have given up their own volition, etc. It must be indicative of their own self-hatred, right? I think that anyone who imagines they could never fall under the spell of a cult leader simply hasn't been in that situation in this lifetime. Good for you guys for outing these folks.
    best,
    cj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for putting this at the top. I think it frequently belongs there. The kind of equanimity and forgiveness this demonstrates is the place to be

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated and will post immediately.

Despite assertions to the contrary, members and staff of the Spiritual Rights Foundation are NOT and have NEVER been "blocked".

Please, no promotion of products or services unless you have obtained permission from the blog author. Please ask first. You may find the answer is "yes".

If you are a member of the Spiritual Rights Foundation (SRF) staff, are affiliated with its associated organizations (i.e.: ISHI, Health & Wealth, The Academy for Psychic Studies, Freedom Estates, Blue Sky Ranch, Sterling Rose Press, or others), a student of an SRF-related organization, a representative or agent of SRF, its directors, staff or students please identify yourself as such when you leave a comment. You may remain anonymous, if you prefer.

Ex-members of the Spiritual Rights Foundation are encouraged to comment. You may remain anonymous and do not need to identify yourself as an ex-member (it will probably be obvious anyway).

This is an open and public forum. Please understand that persons with an opposing point of view may respond with a comment critical of yours. You may provide a rebuttal if you choose but keep your comment on-message. If you leave a comment that only insults or embarrasses a reader, your comment will be posted prominently so everyone can see you are a tool.


PLEASE BE ADVISED: IP addresses of all readers of this blog are recorded. IP addresses of any overly aggressive, threatening or otherwise stupid comment will be displayed in a posting to safeguard against terroristic or other threatening action by the commenter.

The blog author has cooperated with law enforcement investigations in the past and will continue to do so in the future.