Monday, August 30, 2010

Trading Places

After I had been around the Spiritual Rights Foundation for a while, I started wondering, as most have, what the hell I was doing there. That's not in the sense of looking at the nearest exit and planning the quickest path to freedom. It was more like: what is my purpose here?

The founder and pastor of the Spiritual Rights Foundation, Bill Duby, said several times that I did indeed have a purpose to him personally. Bill related his experience during his education and training at the Berkeley Psychic Institute (BPI). Bill claimed that during his tenure at BPI, many of the directors and teachers there were less than friendly to him. He claimed that his first appearance at BPI resulted in him be rejected immediately. Then he claimed that on more than one occasion, he was expelled from the BPI Clairvoyant Training Program by a teacher or director then reinstated by the founder of BPI, Lewis Bostwick.

He went on to say that one person in particular, Michael Tamura (a long time and respected director of the Berkeley Psychic Institute) was particularly harsh with him. Bill related that Michael would smirk whenever he was in the room, would say various insulting statements to Bill and was apparently instrumental in Bill's expulsions. Bill would say that Michael would always say things behind his back and that he was a mean and vicious guy. Bill was not really a fan of Michael Tamura, obviously, and admitted that the thought of Michael was personally disturbing to him.

So, what was my personal purpose to Bill? Bill would say to me that I physically resembled Michael Tamura. As I recall, Bill said I even spoke like Michael Tamura, and did the same things, had the same kind of qualities . Bill hated Michael Tamura and that my presence at SRF was to confront Bill with his "pictures" regarding him.

Fucking great.

I was given the impossible task of changing another person's attitude towards a person, I did not know, never met, knew nothing about and my likely never encounter. Further, I would have to atone for that person's sins against Bill and anyone or anything else Bill could think of. I couldn't even imagine what I could do that would not offend Bill in some manner. So, I figured I would just try to lay low and just go along with the program.  

I saw Bill when he was displeased and unhappy or upset. The average two year old was easier to deal with than Bill on one of his tirades. There was no way I was looking for Bill's wrath.

Fortunately for me, at least, shortly after those revelations were disclosed to me, SRF began a rancorous involvement divorce cases, child custody disputes (one of which is apparently still ongoing), truancy charges and other legal issues. That kept Bill's attention on settling the messes he made over the years than scrutinizing my behavior for signs of the spirit of Michael Tamura.

Now, years later, I decided I'd better start looking into this guy Michael Tamura and figure out why I had the honor of representing a guy who my teacher hated.

Michael has a web site. His picture is on it. I don't look a thing like Michael Tamura. But I guess since all those goddamn slant-eyed gooks look alike, then yeah, that guy must be a spitting image of me. Michael Tamura actually looks more like a friend of mine than he ever looked like me. Oh, I forgot. All those sonofabitch yellow devils look alike. Never mind.

I don't exactly speak like Michael Tamura, either. One co-worker said to me: "is it even possible for you to utter a sentence without the word 'fuck'?" I gave him the finger.

Michael Tamura does have a reputation, based on my research. But not the kind that Bill portrayed.

There are many people on the web who sing Michael's praises. Not a single negative comment regarding this fellow can be found. At least, not by me. And I have been looking for quite some time now.

Those who know Michael extolled his generosity, kindness and broad knowledge of spirituality and the nature of psychic techniques and phenomena. He is said to be quicker to drop a twenty on a homeless person than he is to lose his temper.

In contrast, there has been much written about Bill Duby by his former students - Bill is certainly not the kind of guy who would give a homeless man a buck and his tirades were legendary for their length and overwhelming force. I'm still waiting for someone to speak about Bill as Michael's students speak about him. I may be waiting for a while.

Now what is up with this? I come to a spiritual home for wayward souls (as Bill would often call SRF) to represent someone who is reprehensible to him? And I am now responsible to help a guy I barely knew get over his anger towards another guy I never met? WTF?

That's the insanity that is part of SRF. Once you hook up with them, you are who you aren't and you have to overcome all the sins the person you resemble may have committed to various persons. Any if you represent someone the founder hates, you could be set up for something you never expected.


Now, I'd like to know what, if anything, set Bill off in regards to Michael Tamura. Bill is one of those thin-skinned Irish with a temper to match. Did he do something at BPI that required the intervention of the founder, Lewis Bostwick? It might be interesting to find out.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Although you might not have much information on Michael Tamura, I actually do. I am a former graduate of the Berkeley Psychic Institute. Michael was not the most profound teacher you would think of him as. He had and was well known for "digging" into people through his readings and often brining a person to tears. He enjoyed brining people down despite the image of being such a nice person. He expelled many people from the Church often for no reason other than "their energy was bad." On the business side of things, he had no qualms about spending church money for almost anything. I worked for the church and they paid for almost all of his expenses, including housing while paying him a rather larger salary. This is substanitated fact. The amount of money he used to eat out and claimed as "business expense" was astronomical. His credit card bills for the church (which I saw and wrote checks for) showed that he had at least one meal per day which was "church expense" since there was another church "minister" present. Oh and not many people know this, but he was having an affair with his now current wife Rapahelle, while he was still married to his current wife Kay. Raphaelle was a meditation teacher at the Palo Alto Psychic Institute, before it closed. The whole scandal was covered up and no one talked much about it. Shortly thereafter, Michael started working on the Anaheim Psychic Institute. Coincidence? We really do not know. Michael was Lewis Bostwicks protege. I would call him more of a project than Protoge. He is now fully indoctrinated into the psychic cultic mindset which besets those who begin doing this work. One must always remember, Lewis Bostwick was a former Scientologist and all of his teachings are based on Scientology. People who teach these tools, like Michael are completely unaware that they are using mind control techniques to slowly alter a persons conciousness and program them with a delusional belief system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected.

    Thanks PsychDoctorate for the information!

    That was informative. I think what was said was all correct, then.

    Please post some more on this blog as the number of people reading has just exploded. Your entries will be welcome as well as your comments.

    Blast some email to me. I'd love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated and will post immediately.

Despite assertions to the contrary, members and staff of the Spiritual Rights Foundation are NOT and have NEVER been "blocked".

Please, no promotion of products or services unless you have obtained permission from the blog author. Please ask first. You may find the answer is "yes".

If you are a member of the Spiritual Rights Foundation (SRF) staff, are affiliated with its associated organizations (i.e.: ISHI, Health & Wealth, The Academy for Psychic Studies, Freedom Estates, Blue Sky Ranch, Sterling Rose Press, or others), a student of an SRF-related organization, a representative or agent of SRF, its directors, staff or students please identify yourself as such when you leave a comment. You may remain anonymous, if you prefer.

Ex-members of the Spiritual Rights Foundation are encouraged to comment. You may remain anonymous and do not need to identify yourself as an ex-member (it will probably be obvious anyway).

This is an open and public forum. Please understand that persons with an opposing point of view may respond with a comment critical of yours. You may provide a rebuttal if you choose but keep your comment on-message. If you leave a comment that only insults or embarrasses a reader, your comment will be posted prominently so everyone can see you are a tool.


PLEASE BE ADVISED: IP addresses of all readers of this blog are recorded. IP addresses of any overly aggressive, threatening or otherwise stupid comment will be displayed in a posting to safeguard against terroristic or other threatening action by the commenter.

The blog author has cooperated with law enforcement investigations in the past and will continue to do so in the future.