Tuesday, June 8, 2010

IP Follies

Someone having a grudge decided to leave a couple of comments on my mirror site.  I'm posting them here so you can see what they said.

Their comment:
Anonymous said...

assholes get buried by their own bullshit
Michael KAWAHARA. 351 PAYNE AV. Campbell , CA. (408)248-1070
June 6, 2010 1:59 PM

Obviously, that is someone who is attempting to intimidate and silence me and everyone who reads this blog.

Whoever this is, he or she wants us all to believe their feeble skills at Google are sufficient to find an address and phone number. Even then, he didn't really get it right. The city is WRONG.

Unfortunately for this person, some years ago I made the decision to publish my home address and phone number publicly.  My reasoning is so those who want to contact me can find me and if some dork like this one wants to intimidate me by showing me he can pick up the information I deliberately posted publicly, he would do no more than show he is skilled at pissing himself.

Of course since I defeated the intimidation tactics employed by the Witches of Ellsworth, I am not too worried about this guy even though his thinly-veiled threat must be addressed.

I do have an ace up my sleeve.  IP information is not considered "private" as the passing of IP's is essential to the operation of the internet and it is passed along to all web pages and blogs every time you open a web page.  There is also no such thing as an "unlisted, private" IP address.  As I've said on the top right of each blog page (and I have said this for over a year) I have an IP tracker so I know who is reading.

Especially the guys who leave threatening, terroristic or just plain weird comments.

I'd say the above qualifies, wouldn't you?

I did leave a reply, though.  Here it is:

Mike Kawahara said...

Your IP address, sir or madam:
Jun 6 01:59:50 PM
Chrome 5.0 WinVista
San Leandro, California, United States
Sbc Internet Services (69.106.58.230)

My, that's the same IP as on another idiot comment. My psychic abilities are sensing a pattern...

June 8, 2010 6:16 PM

Now, don't worry if your comment doesn't threaten anyone or if you are just reading.  I delete the IP addresses collected continually.  If there is no need to keep the IP address, it's gone.

This person didn't stop with the above. He or she previously left the following in response to a comment I left on another blog:

Anonymous said...
"Actually, a diagnosis is an opinion. The relevant facts (you know, like symptoms that are empirically available) lead to that opinion. Go to your doctor or watch an episode of "House" if you don't understand. I hear the next episode is a good one."

Without a doubt you are the most arrogant prick I have ever met. Why do you keep talking down to people? Feeling smug and superior?

June 7, 2010 5:38 PM


My response is pretty much the same:

Mike Kawahara said...
Your IP information, sir or madam:
Jun 7 05:38:10 PM
Chrome 5.0 WinVista
San Leandro, California
Sbc Internet Services (69.106.58.230)

All page views are recorded and IP information is logged. The IP address of annoying or unacceptably aggressive comments are preserved.

Have a nice day.

June 8, 2010 6:10 PM

I have to assume this person is the same as the guy who is being a pest on that other blog.  The IP addresses are the same and besides, he tracked me down from the other blog to this one.  Actually, he tracked me down to the mirror site and left comments there.  No one reads that site and it is hopelessly out of date.  So, as that is all obvious, why post there?  Someone working with their brain would have taken the time to note that I operate two blogs and that this one is the more active and read site.  Why not post those threats here, where so many can see them and cower in fear?

Besides, I pale in comparison to the arrogant pricks I've met.


One of my professors, for example.  This commenter must live a pretty sheltered life if I top his arrogant prick list.

Besides, diagnoses are indeed opinions.  The medical profession will tell you that.  I found that out one day when a physician was explaining that I had diabetes, described all the treatment required in detail and that the prognosis was less than hopeful until his resident pointed out he was reading the wrong fucking chart.  The physician said "Well, shit.  You'd have diabetes if this were you." I thanked him and said I'd like a second opinion.

If this commenter is of the SRF-ie bent, then it's amazing he engages in the kind of juvenile, unprincipled and ill-mannered behavior that SRF and their ilk claim they never display: when confronted with the unreasonable nature of their claims or the unsupportable logic of their "truth", they come back with the only thing they have left: sticking their tongues out while they give the finger and fart.

Certainly if I deleted this person's comment, it would not be censorship as I am not a government agency or representative thereof and this is a private forum where the right to remove comments prevails.  Although I have never "censored" comments I do remove comments that are unquestionably pecuniary or may be a threat to any person. 

I wouldn't even be denying a deleted commenter's First Amendment rights as anyone can create their own damn blog to spew whatever they wanted to say about me.

Of course, as long as that spew is commentary and makes statements of factual events in good faith it is legal.  Otherwise, the First Amendment cuts both ways.

So, now we appear to have another passionate follower. Or two!  And as always, sunshine is the best disinfectant.  I'll put him, her or them in the sunlight for your opinion.

And as you ponder your response, keep the eternal sunshine of your own conscious mind and enjoy the life you were meant to lead.

I'll continue to keep those like the above at bay so you may enjoy the pleasure of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are not moderated and will post immediately.

Despite assertions to the contrary, members and staff of the Spiritual Rights Foundation are NOT and have NEVER been "blocked".

Please, no promotion of products or services unless you have obtained permission from the blog author. Please ask first. You may find the answer is "yes".

If you are a member of the Spiritual Rights Foundation (SRF) staff, are affiliated with its associated organizations (i.e.: ISHI, Health & Wealth, The Academy for Psychic Studies, Freedom Estates, Blue Sky Ranch, Sterling Rose Press, or others), a student of an SRF-related organization, a representative or agent of SRF, its directors, staff or students please identify yourself as such when you leave a comment. You may remain anonymous, if you prefer.

Ex-members of the Spiritual Rights Foundation are encouraged to comment. You may remain anonymous and do not need to identify yourself as an ex-member (it will probably be obvious anyway).

This is an open and public forum. Please understand that persons with an opposing point of view may respond with a comment critical of yours. You may provide a rebuttal if you choose but keep your comment on-message. If you leave a comment that only insults or embarrasses a reader, your comment will be posted prominently so everyone can see you are a tool.


PLEASE BE ADVISED: IP addresses of all readers of this blog are recorded. IP addresses of any overly aggressive, threatening or otherwise stupid comment will be displayed in a posting to safeguard against terroristic or other threatening action by the commenter.

The blog author has cooperated with law enforcement investigations in the past and will continue to do so in the future.